You’ve heard it all your life. A well-balanced diet includes plenty of the right vitamins and minerals for you to be healthy. But what about the health of your pool? Turns out, a mineral pool system may be just what your pool needs to be clean, clear, and sanitized.
Mineral pools are a healthy alternative in swimming pool sanitation, compared with traditional chlorine and saltwater pools. Most mineral pool systems contain naturally occurring ocean minerals, including sodium, and magnesium. MagnaPool® water however is unique, it combines only magnesium and potassium and is 100% free of salt (sodium), achieving healthier more soothing water quality over many other mineral systems. All mineral pools like the MagnaPool® generate a minimum amount of chlorine, to keep your pool clean and prevent algae and bacteria.
In case you don’t know the difference between Chlorine vs. Saltwater vs. Mineral systems yet, here’s a quick guide to bring you up to speed on the pros and cons of these different systems. Because mineral pools use far less chlorine, the walls and floors of your fibreglass or concrete swimming pool won’t need maintenance or resurfacing as regularly. The water in mineral pools feels more natural on your skin, and since there’s less chlorine (whether the chlorine is in solid or liquid form), it smells better and doesn’t dry out your skin as much.
Sunscreen and shade aren’t the only ways you’re able to protect your skin when you’re in your swimming pool. In fact, your body can absorb up to 500mls of pool water for every 1 hour of swimming, so when you are swimming in chlorine-concentrated pools and harsh chemicals it can take a toll on your health.
• MagnaPool’s® 100% salt-free, low chlorinated water creates less harsh water on skin, eyes and hair. Potassium also aids in skin hydration
• Mineral pools don’t produce unappealing odour like chlorine, which can cause dizziness or affect those sensitive to smell
• Mineral pools have been proven to be gentle on skin conditions like eczema
• MagnaPool® water is smooth and silky and doesn’t leave you with sticky, salty skin
• MagnaPool® is rich in magnesium (an important mineral for humans), which we absorb transdermally (through our skin). Magnesium exposure aids in reduced stress, anxiety and bodily aches for swimmers
• Magnesium also relaxes muscles and reduces muscle fatigue and tearing (fantastic for athletes)
• Magnesium exposure contributes to restorative sleep which aids in the circulation of blood to the heart, brain and muscles
• The smooth surface of the zodiac filter crystals discourages bacteria from attaching to the glass, making it more sanitary than sand or zeolite filtration
• Low need for added chemicals reduces maintenance time
• MagnaPool® minerals and glass media filtration offers exceptional water clarity. Magnesium is great for filtering out micro-particles that cause discoloured, murky water
• Less chlorine and harsh chemicals allow pool equipment to hold a longer lifespan, without erosion
• Potassium and magnesium naturally nourish plants and grass (which is why both are used in commercial agriculture). The backwash water from a mineral system can irrigate lawns and gardens (we recommend a dilution of 5 water – 1 backwash water)
• The efficient backwashing of a MagnaPool® can save you up to 65% water, drastically cutting down your carbon footprint (and your energy bill!)
• Zodiac filter crystals are made from 100% recycled clear glass, offering an environmentally friendly alternative to other filtration media
• MagnaPool® is recognised under SPASA, Australia’s Climate Care Certified program
Mineral pools not only feel smooth on your skin but can also enhance your health. The minerals can alleviate aches and pains in your body, while the minimal chlorine content means no eye or skin irritation. Talk to our specialists to find out how to get a cleaner, healthier, and clearer swimming pool!
1. Blue Haven Pools & Spas. (2019, September 27). Everything You Need to Know about a Mineral Pool
2. Swim University. (2021, April 19). The Complete Guide to Pool Mineral Systems