Converting Your Pool To A MagnaPool
Do you own a saltwater or chlorine pool and want to convert to a MagnaPool®? It is possible to experience the difference with just a few items. We recommend you use a media filter filled with glass. Note that a cartridge filter can be used, but it will need to be a largely oversized model to help prevent excessive cleaning due to the exceptional flocculent properties of MagnaPool minerals. It’s also recommended that you carry out a full water analysis prior to converting your pool to ensure everything goes smoothly.
(Note: On some pools you may only be able to use a cartridge filter, in these cases it may be necessary to move up to a larger size, or additional cleaning of the filter elements will be required. To ensure smooth ongoing operation we highly recommend that a larger cartridge filter is installed, speak to your local pool care professional about your options.)
These components make up the MagnaPool® system. Each element offers its own benefits. But, when all three are combined, the result is truly amazing.
Here’s the step by step conversion process:
- Fit the Hydroxinator in a suitable spot and connect the electrolytic cell on the plumbing line. Any reputable pool care professional can do this for you and it should be relatively inexpensive.
- Ensure you have a media filter, they generally come in thermoplastic or fibreglass and most media filters use sand.
- Change the sand over to glass media. Removing the sand from a filter will require a specialist and any reputable pool care professional can assist you. Once the filter is empty of sand, the glass media can be loaded. Using coarse glass on the bottom of the filter (just enough to cover the laterals is sufficient) and then the rest is filled with fine glass. This combination of coarse and fine allows for the best filtration and backwashing capabilities.
- Get a salinity and/or TDS test is done to determine how many bags of minerals you need to add to your pool. Your pool shop or pool professional can quickly and easily do this for you.
- Based upon the above measurements, you simply need to add in the appropriate amount of minerals and switch on your filtration equipment.
- Once you’ve added the right amount of MagnaPool® minerals, let the system run for at least 24hrs non-stop to get proper circulation and dilution. You may notice some foaming appear during this start-up phase, this is part of the process.
- Enjoy your new MagnaPool®!