What to do
Below you'll find step-by-step instructions for converting your manually-dosed chlorine pool into a MagnaPool®.
1. Fit the Hydroxinator in a suitable spot and connect the electrolytic cell on the plumbing line. Any reputable pool care professional can do this for you and it should be relatively inexpensive.
2. Ensure you have a media filter, they generally come in thermoplastic or fibreglass and most media filters use sand.
3. Change the sand over to glass media. Removing the sand from a filter will require a specialist and any reputable pool care professional can assist you. Once the filter is empty of sand the glass media can be loaded. Using coarse glass on the bottom of the filter (just enough to cover the laterals is sufficient) and then the rest is filled with fine glass. This combination of coarse and fine allows for the best filtration and backwashing capabilities.
4. Get a salinity and/or TDS test done to determine how many bags of minerals need to be added to your pool. Your pool shop or pool professional can quickly and easily do this for you.
5. Based upon the above measurements, you simply need to add in the appropriate amount of minerals and switch on your filtration equipment. Use our Quick Calculator tool below to determine how many bags of MagnaPool® minerals you will need.
6. Once you’ve added the right amount of MagnaPool® minerals, let the system run for at least 24hrs non-stop to get proper circulation and dilution. You may notice some foaming appear during this start-up phase, this is part of the process. After 24hrs has passed you can jump in and start enjoying your new MagnaPool®!